The Hispanic Neuropsychological Society (HNS) is a group of clinical and research neuropsychologists interested in promoting the competent practice of neuropsychology with Spanish-speaking populations. HNS seeks working relationships with existing organizations in order to promote training and research which will yield high standards in neuropsychological practice with the ethnically diverse Hispanic population. Central aspects of the HNS mission include:
- encourage and facilitate the dissemination of clinical and research information for the practice of neuropsychology with Hispanic populations;
- actively promote networking and collaboration among its members regarding the use of current and emerging testing instruments for the appropriate assessment of Hispanics;
- work towards developing guidelines for competent neuropsychological practice with Hispanics;
- assist in the development of training programs aimed at providing neuropsychologists with culturally appropriate treatment, assessment and research;
- remain a non-affiliated society in order to work collaboratively with existing neuropsychological organizations, both in the US and abroad;
- encourage and facilitate the development of emerging neuropsychologists who are interested in working with Hispanic populations via networking and mentoring, as well as providing research opportunities to improve the extant knowledge base;
- establish a database of current and developing research on tests, norms, and funding opportunities for the practice of neuropsychology with Hispanics.
HNS will remain a cross-cultural society and welcomes members from all ethnic groups.
This post is also available in: Spanish