Website Lifespan Physician Group/Rhode Island Hospital/Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Delivering health with care
Lifespan Physician Group (Rhode Island Hospital, The Miriam Hospital, and Newport Hospital – affiliated hospitals of the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University) is seeking a Bilingual (Spanish and English) speaking clinical neuropsychologist to join our Adult Psychiatry and Behavioral Health team! A successful candidate will join a busy neuropsychology practice with 8 full time staff neuropsychologists. Staff neuropsychologists evaluate individuals with a variety of neurologic, medical, and psychiatric conditions. Ours is one if not the only program in the state that conducts interpreted neuropsychological evaluations, and so a successful applicant will enter into a sizeable opportunity to pave the way for equitable neuropsychological care for the Spanish-speaking residents of the state in need of our services.
Our program works closely with our department’s psychiatrists and allied referral sources in neurology and neurosurgery. Most of our providers hold faculty appointments through Brown University’s Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior for their work supporting, teaching, and/or supervising residents and postdoctoral fellows in our APA-accredited Clinical Neuropsychology Specialty Program. Faculty appointment eligibility is available within your first year of employment.
In general, our department is home to over 40 psychologists across different levels of care and specialty clinics including Clinica Latina, which addresses the particular needs or Rhode Island’s Latinx patients and represents another opportunity for better neuropsychological integration for the successful applicant. The robust representation of psychologists in our leadership speaks to an environment where psychology is valued in tandem with psychiatry. The successful applicant will enjoy access to shared resources and to the vast referral networks that come from being a part of Rhode Island’s largest health care system.
· PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychology from an APA- or CPA-accredited program required
· Clinical internship from an APA-accredited program required
· Formal two-year post-doctoral training in adult neuropsychology required
· Fluency in Spanish with training/experience in conducting Spanish language neuropsychological evaluations for diagnostic and treatment planning purposes required
· Licensed or license-eligible in Rhode Island
· Training is consistent with Houston Conference Guidelines
Board certified or eligible through ABPP/ABCN
· Desire to work in a team-based care model
· Interest in working in an academic medical center
· Good sense of humor and desire to be part of a supportive environment
· Mostly outpatient setting (potential for inpatient consultation and integrated care opportunities)
· Work with patients aged 18 and older
· Diverse patient population (culturally and economically)
· Work M-F, 40 hours per week
· 30 hours clinical, 10 hours administrative time per week
· Evaluate a broad range of neurologic and psychiatric conditions
· Opportunity to work with multi-disciplinary teams including but not limited to Psychiatry, Neurology and Neurosurgery
· Attend multidisciplinary conferences
· Leadership opportunities
· Strong administrative support
· EMR is EPIC with a commitment to on-going optimization
· Generous sign-on bonus
· Competitive base salary, tiered in recognition of years of experience
· Additional income potential
· Excellent insurance and retirement benefits
· Department paid license renewal
· $2,000 professional allowance (CEUs) + 5 professional days
· Stipend for academic promotions
· Eligible for Student Loan Debt Benefit Program
· 4 weeks of vacation, generous sick leave
· 401k with 6% match (after 1 year of employment, 3-year vesting)
Lifespan Physician Group (LPG) is the largest physician organization in Rhode Island and is academically affiliated with The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. With 850+ providers, LPG offers a multitude of services. We are proud of our Behavioral Health Services which offer our community a full range of assessment and treatment options to address the mental, emotional, and behavioral problems that occur throughout life. Our programs encompass a comprehensive view of mental health that includes and integrates the biological, psychological, and social dimensions of care. Our team works collaboratively to evaluate patients and provide the comprehensive, evidence-based treatment they need.
For more information or to apply, contact Megan Fisher, at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org