Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
Dr. Lechuga was born in Lynwood, California and raised in Carson, California. His mother was Mexican and Filipina American, and his father was Mexican American. He is also of Native American decent. His professional work is viewed through these ethnic and cultural influences. Dr. Lechuga is also a United States Air Force (USAF) veteran.
Dr. Lechuga is a past president of HNS and is the current administrative director. HNS is home to him because of its emphasis on cultural neuropsychology. HNS serves as a source of inspiration for his governance work.
Dr. Lechuga is the director of The Neurobehavioral Clinic & Counseling Center, a private practice servicing individuals with learning, cognitive, and behavioral challenges (www.neuroclinic.com). He conducts assessments and therapy with brain-injured adolescents and adults. Dr. Lechuga is a civil forensic neuropsychologist and serves as the sports neuropsychology consultant for several professional and amateur teams including the LA Kings, LA Football Club, LA Galaxy, and Concordia University. He also supervises interns and postdoctoral fellows at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Hispanic Neuropsychiatric Center of Excellence.
Additional training and professional experiences include:
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology – UCLA
- Pre-doctoral internship – UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute
- Licensed in California, Hawaii, and Arizona
- Board-certified through the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) in Clinical Psychology and Rehabilitation Psychology, as well as through the American Board of Professional Neuropsychology
- Former president of the California Psychological Association and represented California at the APA Council of Representatives for six years
Dr. Lechuga’s life gifts revolve around family; he has been married for 35 years, and has a son, a daughter, a grandson, and a granddaughter on the way! Distractions include music, karate, and paddling his outrigger canoe.