The Department of Psychiatry at Olive View-UCLA Medical Center is accepting applications for a licensed bilingual (Spanish-English) clinical neuropsychologist. The position is offered as an immediate part-time hourly contract position with the possibility of progression to a full-time salaried position. An appointment to UCLA clinical faculty is available in either case. The successful candidate will have completed a two year postdoctoral fellowship in clinical neuropsychology and have linguistic and cultural competency to independently conduct Spanish-language neuropsychological evaluations. Preference will be given to candidates who have both experience with the diverse and complex county population that the hospital serves and a passion for teaching and training students.
- Work alongside the Director of Neuropsychology Service and Training to develop the Spanish-language psychology and neuropsychology services.
- Conduct in- and outpatient neuropsychological assessments for patients referred from the various medical specialties throughout the hospital (e.g., Inpatient Psychiatric Unit, Outpatient Neurology Clinic).
- Provide clinical supervision for doctoral-level psychology externs.
- Teach/train psychology externs and medical residents.
- Clinical research opportunities are available.
Hours per week: 8-16 (contract hours/days are flexible)
Located in the northeastern San Fernando Valley, Olive View-UCLA Medical Center is a UCLA-affiliated teaching hospital with active medical residency programs in various medical disciplines. The hospital functions within the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services. Patients are typically lower SES, racially/ethnically diverse, and have multiple medical and psychiatric co-morbidities. Bilingual or monolingual Spanish-speakers comprise a significant portion of the patient population.
Please email a letter of interest, copy of CV, and two professional letters of reference to:
- Brandon Birath, Ph.D.
Director of Neuropsychology Service and Training
Department of Psychiatry
Olive View-UCLA Medical Center